Become a Firefighter
The Pensacola Fire Department is always looking for qualified, motivated people interested in becoming members of Northwest Florida’s leading fire department. To be considered for employment, you must:
- Be 18 years old, minimum.
- Be a high school graduate (or equivalent), with the ability to meet job requirements (moral, mental, physical, medical, legal, etc.).
- Not have used tobacco or tobacco products for at least one year immediately preceding application, and must remain tobacco-free for the duration of employment (applicants are required to sign a sworn affidavit).
- Hold a valid Florida Class E driver license.
- Complete a polygraph exam and background investigation prior to employment.
Applications are accepted and processed through the City of Pensacola Human Resources. For complete information on job requirements and application procedures you contact Human Resources at (850) 435-1720, or www.pensacolacityjobs.com.